--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:57:12PM -0400, jazz wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I am new to your group and Linux.  I will be attending it for the first
> time at the Install fest.=20
>=20
> Can you tell what is the minimum PC hardware requirements to install
> Linux that you will have there. Can I bring along a machine? Or I can
> bring my laptop which is running XP. I have recently come across a
> software - Virtual PC, which allows to install different OS and run them
> as Virtual OS at the same time. Does any one have experience with it?

I haven't played with Virtual PC before, but I'm guessing its a lot like
VMWare, which I've quite a bit to run Windows on top of Linux.  It works
very well.

The minimum requirements are listed here:
http://mhvlug.org/install/pc.shtml.

You can have both Linux and Windows XP on the same machine, and dual boot
(i.e. choose which OS to load at boot time).  To do this, you will need to
free up some disk space on your harddrive first.  Partition Magic is the
best tool I know of to do this.  As it isn't free software, you'll have to
purchase your own copy of it and use it to free up space before the install
fest.  You probably want at least 5 gigs of space to devote to Linux if you
intented to use it regularly as a desktop.

        -Sean
=20
--=20
__________________________________________________________________

Sean Dague                                       Mid-Hudson Valley
sean at dague dot net                            Linux Users Group
http://dague.net                                 http://mhvlug.org

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors
than zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
__________________________________________________________________

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQE++PCCSamXem9TdyYRAqMHAJwKdkzpesGdJymSiyqUPLDvH3NvRACeOz/c
xd6YqHqOL2Vi5lT/DLY4byg=
=JFTw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j--
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to