On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Holger Kruse wrote:
> Fred Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Which unfortunately doesn't seem to work (the older version I had that didn't
> > need an ixemul upgrade, anyway).  The Miami(Dx) log shows "recvfrom: Resource
> > temporarily unavailable", but doesn't say *what* resource is unavailable.
> > MiamiTCPDump shows client packets but no server packets.
>
> "Resource temporarily unavailable" is not an error from the other end,

Of course; I would have seen it in a packet otherwise. :-)

> but a local error. It corresponds to the "EAGAIN" errno code and means
> that a client tried to use recvfrom() on a non-blocking socket when no
> data was available for reading. Looks like a bug in the tftp "port".

Could be.  I guess I could try the newer version when I have time to do
yet another ixemul install.  Not a priority, though.

After the error, I see two copies of in.tftpd running, and MiamiDx
periodically reports reenabling the listener until I kill them manually.

IIRC TFTP is a little weird in that the client sends to the well-known
port but the server responds with a packet from an ephemeral port, which
is used for subsequent traffic on that "connection".  This might have
something to do with it.

                                        Fred Wright