On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Paul Kaufman wrote:

> > Is there a chance the device driver (devs:networks/ariadne_ii.device) is
> > corrupt, old, or incompatable with Windows? I have also attached this file
> > and the environmental variable (ENV:sana2/ariadne_ii_0.config) plus my
> > Miami 2.1p config and all config files from the copy of Genisis you sent
> > me as well.

Actually you didn't, but here's what I have for the driver:

3> list hd:devs/Networks/ariadne_ii.device
Directory "hd:devs/Networks" on Sunday 05-Sep-99
ariadne_ii.device          17012 ----rwed 19-Jan-99 20:31:00
1 file - 35 blocks used
3> pgp:contrib/md5sum/md5sum hd:Devs/Networks/ariadne_ii.device
5809a3e04dcf4c18ec858511ba2bdedd  hd:Devs/Networks/ariadne_ii.device
3> version hd:Devs/Networks/ariadne_ii.device
ariadne_ii.device 43.12

> 2.I get success when booting off a factory OS3.1 floppy disk, but not off
> any version of my hard drives S:startup-sequence

OK, so there's clearly a difference.  You'll have to track it down.  If I
understand you correctly, there are not only differences in
Startup-Sequence and friends, but also possibly in various other programs,
libraries, drivers, etc., between the floppy and the HD.

                                        Fred Wright