Hi there,

is anyone out there using SWAT from Olaf Barthel's samba port and
MiamiDx succesfully?

My problem is that every time I connect to swat, MiamiDx opens a
console window stating:

MiamiDx-INetD Too many requests for swat/tcp. Temporarily shutting down socket.

This results in a number of attempts being necessary to connect to
swat, commit changes, etc. not to mention that the gfx are loaded
almost never...

I created the swat service according to the docs coming with samba
(which are for unixoid systems but translated almost 100% to MiamiDx),
with one slight difference -- the docs state:

In /etc/services you need to add a line like this:

swat            901/tcp

the choice of port number isn't really important except that it should
be less than 1024 and not currently used (using a number above 1024
presents an obscure security hole depending on the implementation
details of your inetd daemon).

For /etc/services:
swat            901/tcp

In MiamiDx I have entered the exact same data in the "services" part
of the Database.

For /etc/inetd.conf:
swat    stream  tcp     nowait.400  root    /usr/local/samba/bin/swat swat

In MiamiDx I am using the same data, *except* that I have "nowait"
instead of "nowait.400" (which wouldn't fit into the field provided by
MaimiDx for that purpose).

Regards,
Eike
--