Hello everybody!

I have a problem with the different priorities in the interface settings but
first my configuration:
amigappc  is  a A4000 CSII Connexion-Card with MiamiDx latest
amiga2 is a plain A4000/40 with Ariadne-II with MiamiDx latest
Once  I had a working setup with amigappc being the gateway to one of my
three ISP's. During work on intergrating a Wintel into the net I fiddled
around with priorities and thereafter the setup did not work anymore.
Now I am unable to get it working again. Only the connection to my three ISP
work again.
I believe to know that the different priorities in the interface settings
are the key to success. Here my question:
1. Is there any documentation on the meaning of the priorities available? Or
better, are there recommendations available?
2. From Holgers text I concluded that even the order of the Interfaces may
have an influence. The order I use in interfaces section is (from top to
bottom) 1. ppp0, 2. ppp1, 3. eth0, 4 ppp2
I sthat an offence against some unwritten/unknown-to-me rules?
Any help appreciated.

--
<sb>
Dr. Heiko Pollmeier, Bonn                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>