Hello,

I have setup MiamiTelnetD and it works fine to telnet to my machine
from anywhere on my network and locally.

I use dial-up connections to the internet, and I am unable to telnet
onto my amiga from other machines on the net.  I use ifconfig to get
the IP address and then I login to a machine on the net and try and
telnet back, it just says "trying to connect to..." and then does
nothing.

I have tried 2 different ISP's.  Thinking it may be the firewall
getting in the way, I have tried it with it off.  Neither way works.
I can ping my amiga, but nothing more.  I have tried tcpdump on the
dial-up interface while trying to telnet back, there seems to be
activity, but not being an expert I don't know what it means.

TIA for any help,

Soyeb

ps.  Fred, thanks for the router and linux config tips.... the machine
is on the internet.... finally (thats another one, not this).