Hello Harry,

On 28-Apr-00, Harry Runge wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2000, at 10:31 PM, Ron Jensen wrote:

>> This site sucks.  Look at the source code for emss.htm.  It contains a
>> list of
>> 'Approved' browsers and platforms.  DoD needs to pull their heads out of
>> their
>> ass sometimes (I work for them, too).

>> Or to really be perverse, load the page, hit edit source, add the
>> following four lines to the first bit of javascript: if
>> (nm.indexOf('AWeb3.3')>-1 && nm.indexOf('Amiga')>-1) {
>>   var ok=1
>>   var iescr=1
>> }

> I did try the edit-source but to no avail.  Seems my text editor, GoldEd4,
> won't save the changes, either on or offline.  I may not be doing this
> correctly; it's my first try at editing the source.  But it's moot because
> the spoof works.

I do this alot and it is not entirely moot because if done then the site
shows and counts your Amiga as being there although the source on his end
was not in fact altered.  Sometimes this is enough to promt the so called
webmaster to include your browser in the list of "approved" browsers.  I
have got two sites to change their source after I demonstated the ability
to access but this is still a very poor practice if you ask me.  A Website
ought to be as universal as possible, not restricted as to type of browser
or whether or not you are wearing tan pants.  It is foolish to eliminate
any part of your potential audience for any reason and indicates a very
limited mind. In fact, sites that restrict to a certain brand of browser
ought to even lose their domain rights and names since it violates every
idea of the internet in the firstplace.

73 de N7PSV

--
 JW's Lil Shoppe            JW Olson #-N7PSV-#           (509)525-5582
 340 S. 4th Ave.             sysop TA#2153 of        BBS (509)522-8485