On Mon, 1 May 2000, Thomas Sjölin wrote:

> I'm having a slight problem. I plan to buy MiamiDX because it seems to be a
> great package. However, I want to try it out first to see that it works
> with my setup.
> This I'm not succeeding at all with. I cannot get the unregistered version
> to connect at all. Right now I'm using Miami 32b unreg and it works. Not
> perfectly but that's probably because of my setup.
>
> My setup is this. An Amiga 4000D, Ariadne-II connected to a Cable-modem with
> DHCP.
>
> Why do I get it to work with Miami unreg and not MiamiDX unreg? As long as I
> cannot get it to work I won't buy it, I won't waste my money on something
> that doesn't work, in that case I have to buy Miami. I don't want that
> since DX has a lot more features that I want to use.
>
> The thing is, when I hit the connect button after I have configured it,
> NOTHING happens, it doesn't even try to connect. Is it supposed to be like
> that?
> I have configured it exactly as Miami, at least as far as I can tell.

Have you tried just importing the Miami settings into MiamiDx?  I.e. get
it to work with Miami, save the settings, and load the settings file into
MiamiDx.

> I cannot get MiamiInit to do the configuration for me either, that goes for
> both Miami and MiamiDX. It locks up on trying to get the DNS, if I skip
> that it fails to get a host-name and after entering the hostname (the
> correct one i might add, I know that from a trial and error search for it)
> it absolutely freezes up, I cannot do anything. The computer doesn't
> freeze, it's only MiamiInit that freezes up.

If you're switching between SANA-II and MNI drivers, be sure to do an
"avail flush" in between.  Also be sure you haven't done anything that
causes the SANA-II driver to be left open (e.g. don't put it in the
Expansion drawer).

                                        Fred Wright