Hi again,
  I took the advice that was posted here about memory issues and using
memtrace.  So recompiled mico and all my apps to include memtrace.

  Quick sideline - when I try to run mico apps, I get a lot of mesages like
'bfd_openr failed for '<app name>': No such file or directory.  In specific if
I try to run 'imr list' this is the message that I get.

  When I run my application (my mico client), I get a large output in the
Memory Usage Report about many bytes allocated by _init.  But the app always
crashes when I'm shutting down at ~POAObjectReference - so I never see what
bytes were freed.  This happens in the MICOPOA::POA_impl_etherealize - which is
interesting because I don't need or want any objects etherealized.  But I don't
get this SIGSEGV crash when I compile without memtrace.

  Thanks again for the help/advice.
  Mark