Vance Maverick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mico looks very useful for my work -- I'm writing now to get an idea of the
> status of the project.  Is it still under active development?

Yes, it is, but it's more user/customer driven than university driven
currently.

> The last release was nearly two years ago.

Next release is just behind the corner. I plan to spin prerelease soon
and release for January 2008.

>  And when I build it on Linux,
> the build fails with a simple error:
>
>  /usr/share/mico/./idl/idl -B../.. --no-poa --boa account.idl
>  error: --boa option is no longer supported
>        (if you need BOA support, please use MICO release older than 2.3.12)
>  make[2]: *** [account.cc] Error 1
>  make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/mico/tools/ir-browser'
>  make[1]: *** [prg] Error 1
>  make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/mico/tools'
>  make: *** [system] Error 1
>
> This looks like an internal inconsistency -- the 2.3.12 sources themselves
> use a feature that is no longer available in 2.3.12.
>
> To work around this, is it just a matter of fixing one or two lines?

Indeed! The problem is that probably minority of distros are affected
since to get to ir-browser compilation you need to have JDK and javacup
installed together. Especially javacup is not that usual these days.
Anyway, for you, the workaround might be to edit top-level directory
MakeVars file and change HAVE_JDK=yes to HAVE_JDK=no and then the
compilation and installation should proceed well.

Cheers,
Karel

>     Vance

Karel Gardas                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]