Laurent,

Laurent Marzullo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently working on the CosTransactions and I'm busy in patching
> MICO to turn it into an OTS Aware ORB.
> That is:
> - Let a user to create a POA with CosTransactions Policies
>  => OTSPolicy : OTS_POLICY_TYPE
>  => InvocationPolicy: INVOCATION_POLICY_TYPE
> - Add an IOR Interceptor to add TaggedComponents into the IOR according
> to POA policies.

for IOR interceptor example you can have a look into
orb/security/csiv2_impl.cc IIRC

> But I was wondering about where to put the CosTransactions policies
> Factory ?
> May I add some new functions into the POA interface ?
> - create_ots_policy
> - create_invocation_policy

This is probably non-compliant way. IMHO much more in line with the
CORBA spec. in general would be to enhance CORBA::ORB::create_policy
operation (see orb/policy_impl.cc), but since you are writing an
implementation of the common object service, then even better for you
(and also for MICO) might be to use portable interceptors' PolicyFactory
implementation (i.e. you would write one) and use portable interceptors'
  initialization framework to pass your factory reference into the ORB
core (i.e. you need to write your own ORBInitializer and in `pre_init'
operation register your policy factory on the received ORBInitInfo object)

In case of troubles, grep for ORBInit in the MICO sources for more
information about how to use it.

Cheers,
Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]