Hello folks,
I'm just struggling on the following issue.
Although mico accepts an id string for orb initialization (ORB_init(..., id)).
Hovewer, it accepts only one id - namely "mico-local-orb".
Initializations with other ids will fail.
I just browsed through the code and find out that the main reason for that the
orb_instance is defined as a singleton.

Does anybody know, why this restrictoin exists. At the first glance I would say
the instance could be a member of CORBA, isn't it?
In the worst case it could be an static array of instance pointers, isn't it?
Or are there other restrictions, I have just not noticed jet?
Best regards,
Eduard

Dr. Eduard Siemens                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior R&D Engineer                   Hannover Network Protocols Lab (HNP)
Phone : +49 511 418 2168
Fax   : +49 511 418 2483

Deutsche Thomson OHG
Corporate Research Hannover
Technology Group
Karl-Wiechert-Allee 74
30625 Hannover, Germany

Offene Handelsgesellschaft, Sitz Hannover,
Registergericht Hannover HRA 24616
Generalbevollmächtigte :
Horst Kuhn, Dr. Hans-J. Platte, Vincent Rimbeau, Dietmar Uhde
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterinnen:
Société Française d'Investissement et d'Arbitrage SOFIA
Boulogne, Handelsregister R.C.S. Nanterre 785610932
Thomson Multimedia Sales International SAS,
Boulogne, Handelsregister R.C.S. Nanterre 439290735