Trying to upgrade my mico lib from 2.3.5 to 2.3.13. I thought a simple swap
would do it, but now it's been an exhaustive 5 days and I can't seem to
figure out the problem. I downloaded the .zip and did an "nmake /f
Makefile.win32" thru the VS Command Prompt. Everything went smoothly. I
copied the mico2313.lib over to where I had my mico235.lib. I changed the
reference to the 2313 lib. I get the 3 errors on a clean/rebuild:

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
CORBA::IOP::ServiceContext::~ServiceContext(void)" (??1servicecont...@iop
@CORBA@@q...@xz) referenced in function "public: void * __thiscall
CORBA::IOP::ServiceContext::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)"
(??_gservicecont...@iop@CORBA@@qaep...@z)

and

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
CORBA::IOP::TaggedComponent::~TaggedComponent(void)" (??1taggedcompon...@iop
@CORBA@@q...@xz) referenced in function "public: void * __thiscall
CORBA::IOP::TaggedComponent::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)"
(??_gtaggedcompon...@iop@CORBA@@qaep...@z)

and

1>xcom_idl.obj: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
class CORBA::ServerRequestBase * __thiscall
PortableServer::StaticImplementation::make_request(class CORBA::ORBRequest
*,class CORBA::Object *,unsigned long,class CORBA::ObjectAdapter *,class
CORBA::Principal *)" (?make_requ...@staticimplementation@PortableServer@
@uaepavserverrequestb...@corba@@pavorbrequ...@4@pavobj...@4
@kpavobjectadap...@4@pavprinci...@4@@Z) referenced in function
"[thunk]:public: virtual class CORBA::ServerRequestBase * __thiscall
PortableServer::StaticImplementation::make_request`vtordispex{8,8,4294967292,12}'
(?make_requ...@staticimplementation@PortableServer@@$r477ppppp...@m
@aepavserverrequestb...@corba@@pavorbrequ...@4@pavobj...@4
@kpavobjectadap...@4@pavprinci...@4@@Z)

NOTE: My mico235.lib wasn't compiled and built from source, it was
downloaded as a lib already.

I tried including the other libs (idl2313.lib, micocoss2313.lib,
pthreadVC2.lib) that the nmake spit out. Same exact problem. I take the
HAVE_EXPLICIT_STRUCT_OPS preprocessor definition out, and I only get the 3rd
error. But I have to have this definition. It looks like I'm missing a
library, but I've included everything. Are the errors I have due to not
overriding/implementing them aka were those new functions introduced AFTER
mico 2.3.5? Tried looking through the archives and was unlucky.

The ServiceContext and TaggedComponent are in the mico/orb/ioptypes.cc file.
The make_request (3rd error) is in the mico/orb/poa_base.cc file.

I also tried 2.3.13RC1, but same thing happens.

I change the reference back to mico235.lib and everything works fine and
dandy. Solution may be obvious as I'm not too experienced with linkers and
mico. It would make my day if anybody could help.