On Dec 20, 2005, at 12:29 PM, David Janes wrote:
I'm going to consider this a little further over Christmas. Right now, the hAtom spec does not define author (or contributor) at the feed level. This is an ommission, but I was concerned with making the minimal set of rules I could make.

Here's what I was/am thinking:
- the page also represents feed data; this is the reality of most blogs and there's a nice parsimony in not duplicating the information - have you seen a blog where the Author is specified outside the entries (and not in the entries)? I.e. are we inventing edge cases that don't really exist?

Yes. Many personal blogs will have author data in one place on the page (like mine, in the footer: http://theryanking.com/blog/).

That's not to say that what you're suggesting isn't a bad idea: that author/contributor are brought in IF they appear within the feed.

-rk