I think that GMane registers itself as a subscriber so that emails can be sent to and fro through it. But I guess it depends on both how Gmane and the Microformats mailing lists are set up.

I just found the mailing list archive, and it appears my mails are going through.
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-July/004738.html

Colin, I would suggest you check to see if your emails are showing up in the archive to better see where the problem is.
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/

Atamido

Ryan King wrote:
The mailing list is subscribers only, so I'd guess the answer is no.

-ryan