On 19 Jul 2006, at 17:14, Jesse Rodgers wrote:

On 7/19/06, Frances Berriman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
http://cafe.elharo.com/xml/must-ignore-vs-microformats

A friend of mine showed me this today. Macroformats, over Microformats.

I always thought microformats was semantics for everyone and it
doesn't require that you rebuild your sites. XML/XSL applied to your
web site would require a lot more work... but sure it would achieve
the same thing.

Right. A core principal of microformats is building on top of widely adopted standards. The world is not publishing its web content in XML+XSLT. Therefore any 'macroformat' concept is noble but ultimately is likely to be utterly unsuccessful.

drew.