Re: [uf-discuss] Use of (also ) and Accessibility

Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:36:38 -0700

> In current Safari, <object data="20050125">January 25</object> works
> just fine as expected.

Yes, but <abbr> just makes more sense

1) because it's a better match to what the XHTML actually means
2) because abbr data is visible to users without viewing the code,
<object> is not (usually)

Hi, so the semantic web and W3C reccomends the use of markups in the
right way that markup as created.

So the markup <abbr> as for "abbreviation" it match for the date in this way:

<abbr title="January">Jan</abbr>

In this example I used abbr to indicate an abbreviated form of
January. Right way also for weeksday names like Mon (Monday) and
others...

Other specific accessibility markup is <acronym> for the use with
acronym right. Example:

<acronym title="National Aeronautics and Space Administration">NASA</acronym>

In this way, <object> is used in order to include multimedia or other
generic object.

So, I'm sorry but have just joined in this list. What is the problem with data?

Regards,

Simone