Quite honestly, I'm still mulling this one over. I note:

- I've never seen it in the wild
- something feels "off" to me about hiding human readable content in an ABBR
- I can think off some places where it would be useful though

I'd be much happier if there was a general rulle across all
microformats that said this was the way to handle ABBRs, either
universally or "in these specific cases".

So where does that leave us? Out of hAtom 0.1 and mulling it over for hAtom 0.2.

Regards, etc...
David

On 9/26/06, Ciaran McNulty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/26/06, Stephen Paul Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >         <pubDate>Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:00:00 +0000</pubDate>
>
> As I said, the title="blah"  on the <abbr>  is assumed to go with the
> date, not the title.

Am I right in thinking that while other microformats specify that
<ABBR> titles should replace the literal content for parsing, hAtom
only specifies this for dates?

What is the reasoning behind this?

-Ciaran McNulty