On Sep 30, 2006, at 12:39 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ryan
King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Currently no. Why not just write a script that runs on your side and
programmatically pings the relevant URLs?

Firstly, I don't programme.

I'm sorry, I tend to assume that most people around here can.

Secondly, if we want to encourage the take-up of uFs in the wider, less techie community, then we need to provide tools that make such tasks easier for them. too.

I agree that we should encourage adoption by people with differing abilities.

Lastly, if such a repetitive task needs to be automated, then it's far more efficient for that to be done once, centrally, than hundreds or thousands of times, all round the globe.

As far as I know, you're the first person who's asked for this functionality. I wouldn't mind building it into pingerati if and when we see some more demand. Until then, it shouldn't be too difficult to build a tool which will take care of this.

-ryan