On Oct 2, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Andy Mabbett
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Finally (from me, for now), I've had an e-mail from someone wanting to
comment on the "species" proposal, saying:

I've just tried creating an account on the microformats site so
       that I can join in with the discussion, but whenever I try to
       sign up, I get a message telling me 'You have not specified a
       valid user name'. I've tried various permutations without any
       luck. Did you have any trouble when signing up?

and, indeed I did - and couldn't figure out why the user name I wanted
to use was not being accepted.

I've just received another, on the same lines. Who can edit the sign-on
page?

I can.

I've updated it to read: "Your user name (it must be a WikiWord)"

I'm not sure why, but in order to make the change, I had to edit a php file, a database table and clear the objectcache table.

-ryan