On Oct 5, 2006, at 5:07 AM, Stephen Paul Weber wrote:

Wikis are awesome and a page to collect all this can't hurt anything :)

<http://microformats.org/wiki/downloads-brainstorming>

Is hDOAP going to be suggested into the microformats.org community? Has it already and I just can't find the wiki pages? What about, as I've mentioned, the ability to list/markup/crawl non-open-source software downloads?

As you point out below, hDOAP has some problems (or, at least, does things differently than things are done around here). I don't see any reason why it couldn't be put through the process.

-ryan

hDOAP as it is seems to 'break' some rules too... like useing
alternate markup for people instead of hCard, not using
date-design-pattern. rel=license instead of class=license would make sense, and the license URLs should probably be the actual, recognised URLs, not DOAP-only special ones (the DOAP-onlys could be specified as rel="license alternate" or something maybe...) rel=tag for actual categories, but many 'categories' don't seem to be real categories.

Just some thoughts :)