On 10/6/06, Brian Suda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/6/06, Bruce D'Arcus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why? Seems quite awkward to me to call a title a "fn."

--- part of this goes back to no-namespacing in Microformats. ...

OK, I see. That "wall" I mentioned.

As for KEY, that is something that is NOT currently in the implied
schema (again the examples might have been more PRODUCT pages rather
than a bibliographic list of citations). KEY could be handled as an ID
(most sites have some sort of hyperlink back to the internal
reference) or as it's own class="key", but that sounds alot like
IDENTIFIERS to me, and then we are back to the idea of <span
class=identifier">
Then does KEY need to be GLOBALLY unique (sounds like a URI) or just
locally unique in the .BIB file (because that could be generated by
the Web Service)?

Yes, there is no way that the conventions of BibTeX -- conventions
which preceded the web-- ought to be in any way privileged in hCite.
"Key" is one of these. They are indeed just identifiers.

Within BibTeX, keys only need to be locally unique. For reference, I
use URIs to achieve the same thing in my citations, but in more robust
ways.

One thing I'll repeat is that not all data needs to be displayed.

Bruce