On 12/13/06, Steve Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This, to my mind, is sub-optimal: the version of the format in use
isn't something most (if any) users care about and, ideally, shouldn't
be required to be part of the content.

For Microformats that have an XMDP profile this is at least in part
solved, a page using hCard would, for instance, have the following:

Which clearly references a time-based version of the hCard profile.
Presumably if hCard is updated, then new profile URLs will be
established.

However because hListing is still a draft, there isn't a profile to
link to, so I don't know if there's a solution for you.  The status of
the draft format is so much in flux, it might not be practical to
start 'version numbering' them just yet anyhow.

-Ciaran