In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tantek Çelik
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>On 1/3/07 3:02 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> In message
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Benjamin
>> West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>>
>>> Off topic rants don't belong on the wiki.  It's not helpful.
>>
>> I agree, but since my comments were neither off-topic nor ranting,
>> that's a straw man which we can dispense with.
>
>I agree with Ben that your comments were both off-topic and ranting.   Your
>response to Ben is simple contradiction of his statement, and does not
>provide any new relevant information and is therefore a waste of time.  If
>you wish to argue something, present new information, not just
>contradiction.

I did.

>>> Furthermore, questions without answers don't belong on -faq pages.
>>
>> That's an interesting, but far from irrefutable, opinion.
>
>It is not just an opinion, it is existing practice in the community.

Tosh. You have only just revered my edit of 19 November:

  <http://microformats.org/wiki?title=xfolk-faq&diff=10378&oldid=10377>

and no-one in the community has raised any issue with that in the
intervening period.

>> Since I was
>> requesting answers to them, it's also bordering on being another straw
>> man.
>
>Open questions are open issues until they are answered

I have already addressed this in the post to which you respond.

[...]

>>>  An
>>> unresolved question is called an issue, and belongs on the -issues
>>
>> I'm quite confident that both of the *questions* I asked are resolved; I
>> simply don't know the answers to them.
>
>If you don't know the answers to them, then from your perspective they are
>issues.

Don't attempt to speak for me.

>  Leave the moving to the FAQ to the editors of the respective spec.

What else do you thing I was doing by asking here? (Though I would have
thought you would have wanted to say "the community".

>> The censored comment
>
>Please stop making false claims.  Nothing is censored in a wiki where edit
>histories are public.

Balderdash.

>Thanks,

For what?