On 5/23/07, Maciej Stachowiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I find it questionable to argue that microformats.org defining
semantics for particular classes is generally good, but to assume
that W3C or WHATWG defining them is ill-conceived. Note that HTML has
always predefined some "rel" values, and this has not stopped
microformats from defining other rel values, some of which will be
folded back in to the HTML spec.

To me the difference is that Microformats have a system for indicating
whether they are in use (although it's not used widely) in the
@profile mechanism, whereas anything 'hard coded' into the HTML spec
will not be optional.

-Ciaran McNulty