Alex Faaborg skrev:
If the user is viewing a page with microformats and RSS through a secure connection, they will have a yellow location bar containing a favicon, lock icon, feed icon, and microformat icon. We are worried that this is too much visual clutter. Options include things like merging the feed icon and microformat icon, taking security UI out of the location bar, moving some of these things to secondary UI, etc.
I would suggest having something like a notification pop-up, like I have modified one of your pictures into: http://pelle.vox.nu/koncept/locationBarMenu_pelle_small.jpg Yellow to emphasize that it's a notification that appears for like 10 seconds if one has that enabled - yellow is the colour for that in the ajax-world as many may know. The notification-pop-up from the URL-bar icon would show the more hidden preferences of a website - like all the metadatas in the likes of RSS, microformats etc. but it could maybe also if the site is secure. If I click the icon - maybe I should get a pop-up-thing again or maybe a sidebar or a dialog should open showing all of the info found.

Perhaps that would be a good solution and just to add - I made this mockup, but I'm not behind making anything Firefoxy - I'm just a swedish webdeveloper who's interested in microformats and the modern web ;)

/ Pelle