James Craig wrote:

Paul Wilkins wrote:

From: "Andy Mabbett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I thought we'd decided that empty anchor tag-pairs were bad, from an accessibility PoV?

Is the object tag to be used instead for the include pattern?

The <object> include pattern has some performance problems, it would be best to use the anchor include pattern but include some text indicated the marker that was being included.

In my medicated stupor, I thought that made sense. Let me try it again.

The <object> include pattern has some performance problems (see <http://microformats.org/wiki/include-pattern-feedback>), so it would be best to use the anchor include pattern but include some link text indicating the content that is being included. Such as: