On 2 Oct 2008, at 02:18, Ted Drake wrote:

Search monkey provides hcard and I believe hevent directly to the developer.
It's a great use of microformats.

SearchMonkey parses microformats and associates that data with search results, but at this point the data is not queryable. (e.g. you can't search for ‘pages with an hatom published date of today’ or ‘pages containing an event located in London’). You can only access that info once you have the results of a more conventional search query.

SM is still excellent, I just mean to clarify that it is not an indexer of microformats.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian
Suda
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:35 AM
To: Microformats Discuss
Subject: Re: [uf-discuss] indexing microformats

On 10/1/08, Karsten Januszewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What tool or services are out there that index and tabulate Microformats
as such?

--- Both technorati's pingerati and alexa were good sources of data.
Yahoo's search monkey allows you to style search output, but i don't
think the microformatted data is directly exposed.

Another question: how do people feel about the use of the word
"Microformat" as a verb or adjective, aka "microformatted content" or "can
you please Microformat that page with an hCard?"

--- that's a good question! I know there has been some effort to make
microformats lower-case 'm' as well.

You might also consider adding that question to the FAQs page, then we
can all work on an answer together

http://microformats.org/wiki/faq

or possibly start a new page

http://microformats.org/wiki/usage (maybe)?

to help describe how to, or how freely you can, and in what context
the term 'microformat' can be used.

-brian

--
brian suda