Martin McEvoy wrote:
Tantek Çelik wrote:
If folks write new XSLTs to handles more conversions, we can certainly
take a look at setting them up (e.g. an hNews or hAtom +
value-class-pattern to Atom or RSS converter).
Transformr [1] has implemented an hAtom + value-title [2] to RSS2 converter, you have to turn the tidying process off to parse value-title properly because because empty elements are stripped during tidying. If your documents are well formed XHTML you shouldn't have any problems. If you have to tidy your document then it is recommended that you add a non breaking space inside your value-title property eg:

I know you may get an ugly tool tip if someone hovers over the space, but ....?

You can point your hAtom page at http://transformr.co.uk/rss2/<your url>.

some examples:

http://transformr.co.uk/rss2/http://microformats.org/&tidy=no
http://transformr.co.uk/rss2/http://microformats.org/wiki/value-excerption-pattern&tidy=no

[1] http://transformr.co.uk/
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/value-excerption-pattern#Using_value-title_to_publish_machine-data

Sorry I forgot to add that it is also possible to extract a RSS2 enclosures (a podcast) by simply adding a rel-enclosure[1] to hAtom. example:

<a rel="enclosure" type="audio/mpeg" href="...">today's podcast</a>.

If you also wish to extract the required length attribute of a RSS2 enclosure you can pass that along with the type specifier
example:

<a rel="enclosure" type="type="audio/mpeg;length=22334669"" href="...">today's podcast</a>.

The length is the size of the file in bytes.

Thanks.

--
Martin McEvoy

WebOrganics http://weborganics.co.uk/