On Jul 17, 2007, at 5:10 PM, Storset, Leif wrote:

We are interested in both bills/invoices and receipts. Indeed the two
are so similar that we should consider making them one and the same.

Microformats should start as simple as possible, not as comprehensive as possible. We can always add more later, but we can't make something simpler later.

If we go for a single format, the question is what to call it. Would
hBill or hReceipt be okay, or should we go for a generalized (possibly
over-generalized) hPurchase or hShopping-like name?

Names should be put off as long as possible, so they can be chosen based on a more complete idea of what we're naming. There's nothing about the collection or analysis of examples that requires a name, so until those are done, we shouldn't choose any name. If we're talking about receipts, "receipts" is a perfectly good term to use in discussion until a more unique microformat name becomes necessary (i.e. when there's an actual microformat to name).

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com