All,

There is work being done on new standards and reviving the hProduct microformat. During the course of this effort, people have pointed to hListing as a more viable, mature format for displaying product data. We proponents of hProduct feel that a separate hProduct uF would be more granular, and provide more specifics around the products, which often are more complex and have important attributes that are outside of the scope of hListing and others. Please see the updated brainstorming and draft proposal wiki pages for more information on the updated schema.

Nonetheless, there are still correlations between hListing and hProduct that can't be ignored. It has been suggested that hProduct be used in conjuction with hListing to enhance the semantics of that format, where hProduct would live under .item. This I agree with, but I would still propose it also be used separately.

I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas you might have around the revival effort of hProduct.

Thanks,

Jay