This may be a long shot but I will give it a try....

I have an part of site set up so that the subtopics of a page are tied to
the child topics/descriptions in a  content area...that way the editorial
staff can add and subtract topics at will....the link to the subpage is
tied to the topic title and everything (pretty simple if you list_topicS
and not list_topic)...the automation breaks down though because I then have
to go in and add subpages in the host admin....is there a quick and dirty
way to correlate content subtopics with the creation of subpages in the
host section? If there isn't a quick way does anyone have opinions about
how it might be done in a long and arduous way...rewrite the add topic
button to check the host defs and add if not there? Is there a compelling
reason why I would not want to do this that I am missing? I wouldn't do it
everywhere just in places where I want the content creators to have more
control over the breakdown of their content.....

kp