I thought that this was pretty interesting, so....

First, my machine:

a single processor, AMD K6-2/300 with 64 Megs of RAM (yes, its a
small machine) running over a 56K modem using RedHat 6.0.  Now, I
admint to never having run AB before, and these number may mean
nothing at all, but, just in case...

Concurrent    Time              Req per Xfer
Requests          Taken         Second  Rate

10                194.879 sec   2.55            7.75kb/s
20                196.083 sec   2.40            7.36kb/s
30                208.410 sec   2.52            7.80kb/s
40                197.950 sec   2.53            7.85kb/s
50                199.995 sec   2.50            7.87kb/s

These were done with an active 2.5K web page (with multiple graphics)
from my ISP's machine (so it went through the modem).  Each time it
showed 500 requests completed.  Now, is this good?  (I'm so new at
this.. *sigh*)

Jamie Tomlinson
Email me for my pgp key