Emiliano Heyns wrote:

> Michael Ed wrote:
> >
> > Since I force external users to log in to our
> > XtraNet there should be a possibility to identify
> > and log sessions.

I got echo($REMOTE_USER) to show up on the screen. That works.
But then ...
         2: <?php
         3: echo("Welcome, ");
         4: $user = mgd_get_person(2);
         5: echo ($user->name);
         6: ?>
... I did not manage to find the right user id by myself.
How do I replace the digit 2 with the current users id ?

> You could store a 'preference' setting holding the last read date
> for the user (midgard.user). The page that displays the news section
> should update this.

I found the preference documentation a bit confusing.

Is there an internal functionality for tracking use, or do I have to
add the information myself ? Do I save that in the pref table, hard
coded ?
I found my pref table empty.
I think the best for me would be to store a separate table,
on a db server, for tracking purposes ...

> You would then write an offline script that
> would
>
> # get spank date as YYYYMMDD
> $spankdate=...;
>
> SELECT preference.uid, person.firstname, person.lastname, person.email
> FROM preference,person
> WHERE preference.uid=person.id
>   AND domain='newsreading' AND name='lastread'
>   AND value<'$spankdate'

That would be my monthly report ?

--
Regards,