Hi,

From: Maarten Stolte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Is this a new calender implementation, and has it been considered to
> use a library as mcal or ical?

Not for the moment. The Midgard calendar is meant to be part of the Midgard
database and application.
But I imagine that importation/exportation/synchronization to/from the
Midgard application can be done at the PHP level (I already did that with
ical format).
It may also be possible also to develop little programs that use both
libmidgard and libmcal to do it.

> Libical is used by Evolution (www.helixcode.com) and is in consideration
> by the Horde project for Kronolith.
> LibMcal is already available for PHP, but developement seems a bit halted.

I'll have a look at them to see if I can implement them at the API level.
BTW, if you want to be involved in the development process, you're welcome
cause I don't know much about these libs.

> Maarten Stolte

Best regards,
David