Emile,

> On Tue, 30 May 2000, Twinsun wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to install midgrad 1.2.5 on Suse following online
> > installation guide.
> > I've installed MySQL, midgrad-lib and data.
> > I've compiled Apache with --enabled-module=so.
> > But then when I try to compile mod_midgrad I've got the following:
> > --------------
> > /usr/src/packages/BUILD/mod_midgrad-1.2.5 > make
> > /usr/sbin/httpd: error in loading shared libraries: libgd.so.1: cannot
>
> Did you enable GD support in PHP? This needs this file.

Following the online installation guide I haven't come to installing PHP
yet.

> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > apxs:Error: Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available
>
> does /usr/sbin/httpd -l list mod_so? If not, the new apache you have
> compiled isn't picked up by the build process. Where did you install the
> new apache? Does the directory where the new apxs was installed come first
> in your path?

Bingo! My installation of apache is in /usr/local/apache and a httpd
version in /usr/sbin/ was a version without mod_so enabled.

Do I need to copy files from /usr/local/apache/bin to /usr/sbin or is
there a proper way to set it up?

> > Please reply to my email as I'm not subscribed to the list.
>
> Very well but I think if you're asking us to invest time to help you you
> could at least subscribe to the list.

I do appreciate your help and time very much, I didn't think the the
subscription would be essential. Anyway, I'm subscribed now.

Thanks a lot,

Igor