> > Note that I'm not advocating making everyone root.
>
> I won't. How would I accomplish that in the first place?

Add a record (uid, 0, 'You do not really want to do this, Dave[0]') to the
member table for each userid in your database.

Group 0 doesn't really exist but people who have a membership record for 0
will have root permissions.

Emile

[0] Spot the reference and win a free upgrade to 1.4 when it's released!