I have a website which I wish to move over to midgard.

It requests auth but does not fail if auth is not supplied, it just does not
show all data.

>From what I have seen so far, a page either requires auth or it does not.
if it does, it fails without it.
Yet I have also seen code fragments that control output based on auth.

How is optional auth controlled.  [ I just read ALL the user functions and
saw no hint - maybe I'm just tired - its past bed time]

Sam