Ken Pooley wrote:

> In my office we are pretty fired up about 1.4 coming out, I have not been
> able to play with  it, though in the next few days I am going to put it on
> my laptop and see what it looks like....
>
> Q1...Are the extensible records still in and has anyone tried them out
> much?

Look in the manual in the 'parameters' section.

> Q3...We are trying to make a page where an enduser from out side the system
> can go to a page, fill in a name field and a message hit submit and have
> the record be created with the approve button off. It does not seem to work
> though....it goes through but no record is created...is this possibly
> because an unknown user has no write permissions in the DB security? Is
> there a way to do this better? or at all? Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated!

Anonymous users can't create resources, although I'm brooding on a
clean way of fixinf that. In the meantime, create a group with a
single user that owns the specific content tree (let's say user
'onlycomment' with password 'anythingyoulike'), then just call
mgd_auth_midgard('onlycomment', 'anythingyoulike', 0) before doing
anything that would change the database. If you want the approve
button off I'm afraid you'll have to do some customization to exclude
said user/group. I'm not entirely content with the way athorization
work in 1.4 but until 2.0 this is how it works.

Emile