Hello Kay,
See a Demand Means= Past Due+Today's Schedule due+ Today's Demand (Fee,
penalty, charges etc if any) You can say an expected incoming of funds.
and Collection Means=Past due collected as actual +Today's due collected as
actual+Today's Demand collected as actual*
*actual Means might be reversal is there or any adjustement is there.

Now Demand-collection=0 if not that the balance is due in PAR,
Adjustment,Reversal which can be adjusted after approval.
Thais gives you a better calrity on transaction.
Most Important If Any charges has been applied in any account it will not
shown by BCC report.But logically it is due for today.

I think that the demand v/s Collection sounds like a details report of BCC
at branch Level.

Hope you will get an idea.
Thanks
AMIT JAIN