Mifos is open source technology for accelerating microfinance. Help us
transform the lives of 3 Billion Maries
<http://mifos.org/about/our-vision>  through financial services by
translating our software.

*         WHAT: Mifos Leila E Translation Sprint

*         WHEN: Nov 4, 2010 - 9:00AM PDT (4:00PM GMT) - Nov 5, 2010 -
9:00AM PDT (4:00PM GMT)

*         WHERE: Wherever you are located, #mifos IRC channel on
Freenode, Tokbox (video conf) and calls over VoIP as needed

*         WHO: Ed Cable, Kay Chau, Adam Monsen, Gerard Meijssen,  Julio
Martinez, Julie Wilchins, Jessica Cheng, Translatewiki.net community,
and you!

Starting this Thursday November 4 and continuing for 24 hours, we will
be hosting a sprint to finish up remaining translations needed to ship
our upcoming release, Leila E. We're transitioning the front-end of
Mifos to a new UI framework and must now re-translate each screen.
We've started using a new tool with a fantastic community called
Translatewiki.net <http://translatewiki.net/> .  Our product is
currently available in French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese so we
need your help in getting the new pages translated.

Help bring Mifos to microfinance institutions across the globe. We're
looking for translators to help in getting our project translated into
Tagalog, Arabic, Bengali, Swahili, and the Indic languages.

If you want to participate, please sign up for a free account on
Translatewiki.net: http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Special:FirstSteps and
show up on the Mifos IRC channel anytime on Thursday (Seattle time). If
you feel like replying to this message to indicate your interest in
joining the sprint, go for it!

Details on the Sprint can be found here <link to be inserted>.

The tokbox URL will be given out in the Mifos IRC channel at 0930.

The top translators who complete languages during the sprint will be
rewarded with a signed copy of Alex Counts' book - Small Loans, Big
Dreams
<http://www.grameenfoundation.org/small-loans-big-dreams-how-nobel-prize
-winner-muhammad-yunus-and-microfinance-are-changing-world> .  Alex
Counts
<http://www.grameenfoundation.org/who-we-are/people/executive-staff#alex
counts>  is the President and CEO of Grameen Foundation.

Here's How to Participate:

1)       Sign up for an account
<http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Special:FirstSteps>  on
Translatewiki.net. Follow the Steps listed here
<http://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/MIFOS/Online+Translation+HOWTO+
-+TWN> .

2)       Introduce yourself in the #mifos IRC chatroom

3)       Visit the Mifos page on Translatewiki.net
<http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Mifos>  and Start Translating

a.        How To on using Translatewiki.net
<http://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/MIFOS/Online+Translation+HOWTO+
-+TWN>

4)       Getting Help

a.        #mifos chatroom or #mediawiki-i18n

b.       Glossary

c.        Translatewiki.net FAQs