Thanks, Keith and Ramya,

My thoughts were the same. A database script to to do this. We need to do
this retrospectively. And either refund the excess money collected till date
or adjust it with the next dues. That makes such a script a little bit more
complicated. And this would need to be tested thoroughly to ensure that past
repayments, accounting entries, data warehouse reports etc. are handled
correctly. Kinda risky - is what I would say for me. I do not understand the
database structure well enough to try a stunt like this.

Hi Ramya,

Even though logically reverse and redo seems to be related, these two
functions are not related. You reverse a disbursal using an account number
and redo based on a customer. So practically you can "redo" a "fresh" loan
in Mifos. This is pretty useful at times.

If the past installments are to remain unchanged, (i.e interest dues for the
past installments are to remain as the same - based on old interest rate),
then there is no option but to close and create new accounts. If we redo the
loan, then the interest gets recalculated for all installments, including
past installments.

For now, I am going to suggest to do this reversal and redo one-by-one as I
think that is the less risky option.

Thanks
Binny