All,

Is it possible to disburse a loan to a center? My understanding is that this
is not possible. A center can have a savings account but not a loan account.
Is my understanding correct?

The scenario is that the branches decide how much credit is to be given to
centers. This is given as a loan by the branch to the center and the center
makes regular repayment on this loan. I was planning to keep track of this
to as a new loan product in Mifos. This loan is then used by the center to
give out loans to the members within the center.

The workaround is to define a "dummy" group within the center and disburse
this loan as a group loan. We may have to turn LSIM on so that we can handle
the scenario where repayments on this loan may not match the meeting day. I
was also planning on a custom report to review this loan's utilization
within the center.

Let me know if anyone has a better suggestion.

--
Thanks and Regards
Binny Gopinath Sreevas