Hi Shiva

Ah, you're asking something different than what i had thought.  this
question is about how interest is calculated when there are overdue
payments.

If you are using the interest rate type declining balance - interest
recalculation, then interest is accumulated for every day that the payment
is late.

In your example, on March 15, the client would be due the following:

Jan 15 principal plus original interest plus interest on the principal for
every day it is late (2 months late)

Feb 15 principal plus original interest plus interest on the principal for
every day it is late (1 month late)

March 15 principal plus interest

I think you can actually see this in mifos and test it out.  If you create
this loan, on the loan account page, you can go to view repayment schedule
and enter a future date to see what would be due.  (I can't test this out
right now but I can look later)

Kay