Could this be because of a MySql default behaviour?

One behaviour I have noticed: If my table has an auto-increment primary key,
and if there is a unique key constraint on one of the other columns of the
table:

                Then if I try to insert a row with a duplicate value for this
field with unique key constraint, then MySQL throws an error.

                But, when I try to insert another row with unique values, then
I have seen that MySQL “skips” a value on the auto-increment primary key.

>From this thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2787910/why-does-mysql-autoincrement-increase-on-failed-inserts

It looks like this is the way MySQL was designed to improve concurrency and
there may not be anything we can do to correct this situation.

This does not cause any negative impact on Mifos functionality though. So, my
thought is to ignore the “skipping” of IDs – unless this causes issues for
business.

Hi Sreenivas,

Does this cause any operational issues for you? I just think that it may be a
technical issue that is difficult to correct and correcting it could impact
performance of Mifos.

Thanks
Binny