So I have had somewhat similar issues with you. In my case after a fresh
install, I successfully logged in with the known default credentials. I went
ahead to change the password to one with special characters (specifically &,!)
and I was logged out. Tried logging in with the new (and old password) and got
the message you are getting. Since mine was a fresh install, I dropped both
databases, created them again and imported the default database. I was able to
login with the default password. I suggest you drop and create the DB again

Sent from my iPhone