On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 9:06 PM, Blair Davis via Mikrotik-users
<mikrotik-users@wispa.org> wrote:
> I have a small network I need to modify
>
> There are three locations, each with a RB433GL on site.
>
> Port one of each RB433GL is linked to port one of the other two
> RB433GL's via a wireless bridge.
>
> Port two and three each go off to a separate local LAN at each location,
> giving me six little LAN's that can route traffic among themselves.
>
> My client now wants to convert from six little LAN's to two bigger LAN's.
>
> He wants port two of each RB433GL to be part of one flat LAN and port
> three of each RB433GL to be part of a different flat LAN.

On each board: two VLANs on the ether1 interface, bridged to ether2 &
ether3 respectively.

Be sure that your client understands that this new topology will 1)
cause the wireless bridge to start carrying broadcast packets for both
LANs between all three RB433GLs, and 2) count on the bridge devices'
STP algorithm to prevent packet storms.  Both are reasons that routed
networks are usually preferable, unless a single broadcast domain is
absolutely necessary for a particular application.

Daniel Harling  <><
Engineering, Cape Ann Communications
183 Main Street, Gloucester, MA  01930
harl...@capeanncomm.com