CCR support was added in 6.x if I'm not mistaken. The bootloader version
may have 3.09, though.

Assuming you've netinstalled the OS... I'm not sure there is much else to
do. You can try to swap in the ram from a known good router, same with
power supply. But that is more or less the extent of troubleshooting I
think you can do.