I've never used ubiquity equipment as an AP but I would be pretty leery of using a $40 piece of equipment as an AP in an environment for a paying customer. I have gone with cheap end equipment (cheap for 802.11) and never had anything other than headaches with it. Under power issues, overpower issues, overheating issues, generally needing resets.

The best I have come up with for 'low-end' APs has been MT Crossroads still a bit on the expensive side but where I have installed them I haven't had the phone calls and I don't have to train clients/customers to powercycle the APs on occasion.

Just thought I would pass it on. I have spent thousands of dollars in 'cheap' equipment that was just that... cheap. Nothing wrong with operating on a budget, we all have those issues, but it is one thing to go with cheap end CPE where you can ask the person to power cycle first and if it is a consistent issue to call and we can replace it. It is another when a hotel/motel/apt manager is constantly having to futz with the equipment and deal with complaining clients when things don't work. Especially if they are looking for something that is low-maintenance, spend now, the headaches of hidden cost of tech support will far outweigh the additional cost of APs.

Sam Tetherow
Sandhills Wireless