On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 14:01 -0500, Scottie Arnett wrote:
> Lol. I cut slits in the bottom of the drip loop on the one I was having
> trouble with. A 'crutch' until I get time to run new cable.

At one of my partner ISPs a few years ago, we had this issue with an
ethernet cable that was about 200' up the tower.  When the cable was
run, they ended up with about 50' of cable at the bottom.  Instead of
cutting it short, they left that cable wrapped and on the tower (the
last 12 or so feet were run into the box.  When they sliced (I think
they poked a hole in it) the cable to release the water, they had a jet
of water about 10' long.  They drained about 2 gallons of water out of
the line.

At another site, I had a large waveguide that was left on the tower when
we purchased it.  That one ended up with over 15 gallons of water in it.
We had a water jet powerful enough to dig a hole in the ground where it
was shooting out.  :-)

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *